- nicotiana (in my new planter)
- ten strawberry plants that I finally got from Pinetree (around the grape vine)
- nasturtiums (that should grow up my lilacs, rose bushes, grape vine, and peach tree)
- black-eyed susan vine (that should grow up my the length of my picket fence)
Transplanting: I moved a tricyrtis (toad lilly) from a shady corner of my front yard into my new planter.
Harvesting: In keeping with yesterday, Sage ate lettuce straight from the raised bed.
- Most of the hollyhocks that I put in on 4/28 seem to have survived.
- My cherry tree is blossoming, though it's certainly not as prolific as a mature tree, or especially an ornamental one.
- My irises have formed flower heads.
- The Joe-Pye Weed that I moved on 4/28 away from my new cherry tree has recovered.
- The species tulips are just about to open, though there are fewer of them than I expected.
- The gladiolas I planted on 4/9 are now about four inches high.
- The liriope (lilyturf) are re-shooting.
- To my surprise, my buddleia (butterfly bush) have made it through the winter and are full of green leaves.
- I had to stake my first plant of the season, an allium that kept falling over. (It may have snapped its stem.)
- The columbines are about to open.
- I have liatris coming up all over the garden; it's now about four inches tall.
Nuisances: I am finding more grubs this year than last, so I guess it's time to re-apply the Milky Spore. And there are little oak shoots all over the place still that I keep digging out.