I finally finished the last of my bulb planting today, squeezing 20 Red Impression tulips in along my picket fence, in between my rose bushes and lilacs, and found a spot for 100 allium sphaerocephalum bulbs.
I also pulled out my morning glories, as they'd given up the ghost. It was quite a task unwinding them off the trunk and branches of my peach tree, and untangling them from the clematis paniculata. In the snipping mood, I cut back my boltonia and tansy.
Finally, I dug up a lot of the wild violets and lily-of-the-valley that infests my back yard, alongside the neighbor's privacy fence. I mulched it heavily to try to prevent it from coming back (I left two small hydrangeas back there), and will figure out what to do with that space soon.